This policy details how FirstCall Medical Alarms will deal with matters relating to the collection, use, disclosure and storage by us of personal and /or confidential information related to customers and other persons as required by the Privacy Act 1988 (the Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (Privacy Principles).
In this Policy 'personal information' has the same meaning as in the Privacy Act.
FirstCall Medical Alarms respects and values the privacy of personal information concerning our customers and other persons, and will comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in so far as they are applicable.
FirstCall Medical Alarms uses customer supplied information in order to supply medical alarms and services. Customer information includes the names and phone numbers of 3rd parties who act as carers, alarm call responders, and others.
FirstCall Medical Alarms will only collect, use, and disclose personal information about customers, carers, responders, and other persons for purposes of:
- supplying the medical alarm equipment.
- providing an alarm monitoring service
- providing customers, carers and responders with services, products and information about FirstCall Medical Alarms.
- confirming credit and other transactions required for the provision of the equipment or services.
- maintaining a register of FirstCall medical Alarm customers, carers and responders.
- for any other specific purposes for which a customer may consent.
Personal Information Security
FirstCall Medical Alarms is committed to keeping secure the personal information provided to it by customers and other persons, and will take all reasonable precautions to protect the personal information it holds from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
FirstCall Medical Alarms does not store credit card details for the family and friends option. Credit card details are stored for 24/7 monitoring option billing only.
Access, correction and inquiries
- Customers can request FirstCall Medical Alarms to provide them with access to personal information FirstCall Medical Alarms holds about them, subject to the exceptions in the Privacy Act.
- Customers and others are requested to contact FirstCall Medical Alarms if any of the details we hold are changed, or if they become aware that any information held by FirstCall Medical Alarms about them is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated.
- Contact with FirstCall Medical Alarms about any matters arising from this policy should either be by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post addressed to FirstCall Medical Alarms, PO Box 1100, lane Cove, NSW 1595
- Complaints about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles should be made to the Managing Director, FirstCall Medical Alarms, PO Box 1100, lane Cove, NSW 1595